Healthy food is often considered bad, even though there are many types of healthy foods that taste delicious, but are often forgotten. Eating healthy foods has many benefits, including protecting yourself from the threat of chronic diseases.
Consumption of healthy foods, do not have to limit one or more types of food. Consuming various types of food can actually provide different nutrients so that they can supplement the nutrients needed by the body.
Various Healthy Food Choices
Healthy foods generally include a variety of nutrients in sufficient quantities, including vitamins and minerals. Green vegetables rank first in the types of healthy foods because of their complete nutritional content. Among the types of green vegetables, there are various good choices to consume, such as mustard greens, broccoli , and spinach with high fiber content.
Besides vegetables, fruit is also very important because it contains many vitamins. Of the many fruits, some fruits are popular and rich in nutrients, including:
- Apples , because they contain lots of fiber, vitamin C, and other antioxidants.
- Oranges, which are high in vitamin C.
- Avocados , which are rich in healthy fats, potassium and vitamin C.
- Bananas , as one source of potassium.
- Berry fruits, like blueberries and strawberries . Besides being low in calories, it is also rich in antioxidants and fiber.
Eating healthy foods should also remain balanced and diverse. Here's another major health food group that you should consume, in addition to vegetables and fruits:
- Meat and eggs Meat is one of the healthy foods that contain lots of nutrients. Lean beef is a higher source of protein and iron than other meats. While eggs are classified as one of the most nutritious foods because in addition to high protein, eggs also have complete nutritional content ranging from vitamins, minerals, unsaturated fats to antioxidants.
- Nuts and grains Food group is healthy foods crispy and full of nutrients, including magnesium and vitamin E.
- Fish and seafood Variety of seafood, especially fish, is a kind of healthy food that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and iodine. Research shows that people who often eat sea fish tend to be longer and have a lower risk of many diseases, including heart disease.
- Milk Milk is very high in vitamins, minerals, quality animal protein and healthy fats. In addition, milk is one of the best sources of calcium. You can also consume milk in various forms of dairy products, such as cheese . Milk that is fermented into yogurt , contains many good bacteria for digestion.
In addition to the need to eat healthy foods, you also have to recognize foods that should be avoided because they can trigger health problems.
First, avoid foods and drinks that are added to sugar. If often consumed in large quantities, it can trigger insulin resistance in the body and cause a variety of serious diseases, including type 2 diabetes and heart disease .
Then, avoid fast food or junk food , such as french fries, fried chicken, and chips. This type of food has high calories, but little nutritional value. In addition, fast food can encourage overeating.
Also avoid other unhealthy foods or drinks, such as candy, ice cream, processed meat, and processed cheese. However, if you want to consume it, you should only do it occasionally.
Start eating balanced healthy foods, to maintain and improve your body's health. In order not to get bored, you can try creations and combinations of various types of healthy foods in a variety of interesting dishes every day. Do not forget to complete your healthy diet with a healthy lifestyle too, namely by increasing the consumption of water , adequate rest and regular exercise. If necessary, you can consult a doctor or nutritionist to get healthy food recommendations that suit your body's needs.