Although some pop up ads are not dangerous, it is not uncommon for hackers to use this as a phishing technique to find personal information from your device.
In addition to being a threat to privacy and security, pop-ups are also considered quite disturbing because they continue to appear suddenly at important moments.
One of the web pages that Android users often use to browse is Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
These two applications are not infrequently filled with various pop up ads that appear suddenly. To stop it, here's how to disable ad pop ups in Chrome and Firefox browsers on Android phones.
How to disable ad pop ups in Google Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome app on your Android phone
- Click the three dots menu in the upper right corner
- Click "Settings"
- Select "Site Settings"
- Tap “Pop up and redirects”
- Swipe toggle “Pop up and redirects”
- Return to the "Site Settings" menu
- Select the "Ads" menu
- Slide the "Ads" menu toggle to the right to disable ads in Chrome
How to disable pop up ads in Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox app on your phone
- Click the three dots menu in the lower right corner
- Click "Add-ons"
- Click the "+" icon on the ad blocking plugin you want to select
- Done, now the ad pop up won't appear between you browsing